Prevention is better than cure
- Leave pavers wrapped and as dry as possible until just before laying. After wrap is removed, ensure paver surfaces are evenly exposed to the air, do not leave them ‘star-stacked’ around the site for long periods before laying as the concrete hydration process may cause exposed corners to visibly lighten in comparison to covered sections.
- Sweep regularly with a stiff-bristled broom to keep pavers free of debris.
- For maximum protection we suggest pavers are sealed after installation with a penetrating sealer (please check with a reputable sealing company for advice).
- Re-seal pavers as required taking special care in heavy wear areas and salt-water locations.
- During construction cover the paved areas to protect against damage.
- Protect your pavers against possible staining from mortar, oxides, cement and rust.
- The use of acid and chemically-based cleaning agents can be hazardous if used incorrectly so always consult a professional.
- In all cases attempt to clean a stain before it hardens or dries up.
For our complete installation & maintenance guide visit our how to lay page